Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pumpkin Decorating

My friend took me to Relief Society tonight and the theme was pumpkins.  Some ladies shared tips on fall decorating, one did a demonstration on making pumpkin pie from a pumpkin instead of a can, and many of the ladies brought a pumpkin dish to share and there was judging.  Everyone got two warm fuzzies to vote with and you placed a fuzzy in a cup by the dish you wanted to vote for.  I put both my fuzzies in the cup by the ginger snaps with pumpkin dip.  I love ginger snaps.

We then got a chance to decorate our own pumpkins.  Since we were provided with pie pumpkins and had just been instructed on how to use one, I simply painted mine.  The design I chose was too big for the pumpkin, so I just used the owl face and put my own twist on it.  I even had to blend my own shade of purple to use in the background.  The other ladies were very impressed with my ability to free hand.


I had completely forgotten about RS, I'd been so busy this month.  I'm very glad my friend invited me.

No comments:

Post a Comment