Thursday, August 18, 2011

Getting Started

Well, here I am on the world wide web.  Ah, I guess I just discovered what "www" means at the beginning of every URL, huh?

I need a place to explore some things, talk some things over with myself and maybe a few friends.  I'm almost forty (three months to go, yikes!) and I'm about as lost as I can be.  I'm unhappy in my marriage.  I'm unhappy with myself.  I just about hate life all the way around.  I feel like everyone is chipping away at me.  Who am I?  What do I want?  I think I need to explore some of those things.

We've had some friends for the past few years who are LDS.  We met them through some missionaries we were meeting with.  Hubby is dead set against the faith, and I follow his lead.  But he respects our friends a great deal and enjoys spending time with them.  I am attracted to the faith, personally.  I'm not 100% on it yet, but I like the people, I enjoy the church services, etc.  I want to be more active in reading and studying.

Right now we are in the midst of a bumper crop of tomatoes.  Hubby insists on gardening.  It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't go overboard.  I am enjoying the zucchini.  I will have to learn to make meals with zucchini and eggplant.  Oh joy.  I hate cooking.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just read your posts. And am hoping you are doing better. You sounded a bit melancholy (one of my fav. words) in your first post and I just want you to know, your not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! i am doing better :) melancholy has been one of my favorite words for a long time, and has described me most of my teenage/college years.

    ReplyDelete